ARIEMA Energía y Medioambiente S.L. was founded back in 2002, as a technological spin-off of the Spanish National Institute of Aerospace Technology (INTA).
ARIEMA has expert professionals with thirty years of experience in hydrogen-based technologies, specifically in production, storage, conditioning and end uses of green hydrogen. Since its foundation, our company has been focused on the integration of renewable energy sources, both in turnkey installations and in national and international R&D&i projects, with hydrogen facilities.
The experience of our professionals has allowed ARIEMA to consolidate as a leading independent Spanish company in hydrogen and fuel cells initiatives, with outstanding experience in energy efficiency and R&D management.
Its activities can be classified into different categories:
Energy consultancy: Consulting work specialized in green hydrogen, carrying out pre-feasibility studies and basic engineering from production to identification of final offtakers.
Technical Management: Management of the Technical Secretariat for the Spanish Hydrogen Association (AeH2) and the Hydrogen Committee of the International Energy Agency (IEA), among others.
Equipment and installations: Engineering and integration works of water electrolysis, hydrogen compression, hydrogen storage and fuel cell equipment in renewable hydrogen installations.
R&D projects: Participation in over 35 R&D projects at national and international level.
Training and dissemination: Coordination of the first hydrogen technologies specific course in Spain.
Main Tasks in the Project ECO2Fuel
- WP1: Partner’s collaboration in the WP1, administration of the project.
- WP2: Participation during WP2, linking the cell chemical process needs with mechanical structures machining. ARIEMA will determine the materials and will design the frame and gasket structure of the 50 kW stack.
- WP6: During WP6, ARIEMA will be involved in the scale-up of the external structure resulted from WP2, scaling from 50 kW to 750 kW stack.
- WP7: ARIEMA will assess the mechanical components and support the replacement of the MEA elements.
- WP9: ARIEMA will be involved in the analysis of the technical, economic, environmental and social impacts potentially derived from the project. ARIEMA will also be involved in assessing the regulatory aspects an public acceptance initiatives.
- WP10: ARIEMA will be involved in value chain, community and exploitation analysis of the product envisioned.