Grey fossil feedstock for the chemical industry and fossil fuels for long-distance transport must be substituted by green and sustainable alternatives that utilise CO2, a waste material as feedstock.
Here electrochemical carbon capture and utilisation (eCCU) has proven to be a highly efficient and facile technique to convert CO2 without the need for critical raw materials and expensive green hydrogen directly at ambient conditions into carbonaceous chemicals and fuels in direct connection with renewable electricity.
Twenty-two partners from nine countries representing industry, research institutes, and universities present their work on the electrochemical CO2 utilisation in the three European-funded projects LOTER.CO2M, ECO2Fuel and OCEAN by demonstrating the complete technology value chain at RWE’s Innovation Center at Niederaussem.
Curious about what the three projects achieved so far and how eCCU works? – Watch now on YouTube:
Moderator: Dr. Seyed Schwan Hosseiny (DLR)
– Dr. Lars Kulik, CTO RWE Power
– Dr. Søren Bøwadt, Second Deputy Head of Unit at European Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA),
– Dr. Lucia Fernandez Macia/Yolanda Alvarez Gallego
– Dr Peter Moser (RWE), Introduction site of demonstration
– Dr. Simon Geiger (DLR)
– Dr. Antonino Aricò (ITAE)
– Prof. Gabriele Centi (ERIC)
– Arnaud Mol (Avantium)
– Joost Helsen (VITO)
– Pieterjan Debergh (VITO)
– Dr. Schwan Hosseiny (DLR)